Thursday, May 28, 2009

Fun in South Carolina


Off to South Carolina for a visit with the Hamm side of the family. My mom was one of eleven children born near Newberry SC. We had a very nice time with my aunt Sarah & Carlos in Myrtle Beach. The Myrtle Beach State Park is very nice and right on the beach. Everyone should give it a try.




We then headed up to Newberry (no not Mayberry) to visit my aunt Gertrude, her son Ronnie & wife Andrea. Golfed at Newberry country club, dinner out and worked around the farm with Ronnie. Also was able to spend some time with my cousin Steve Bowers.

We took a ride over to visit my oldest aunt Frances out on Bush River Road.
Here's a picture of the old pharmacy in downtown Newberry were my mother worked around 1945. My dad rented the apartment above the pharmacy and worked as a salesmen at a local retailer. No doubt how they met.

No comments: